In this episode, we talk to Darren Priest, an entrepreneur that started his auto detailing business by detailing a friends car for $40 in his early 20s, while looking for an additional stream of income. Today, he has created a mini auto detailing empire located in Orange County and has even solidified himself as the "auto detail guy" on social media. Search "auto fetish detail" on YouTube and any of the other big social media platforms and you'll undoubtedly run into him. Darren is big into the entrepreneurship mindset and believes that focus and hard work can turn just about any niche profitable if you play your cards right.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- Why it takes practically nothing to get started
- All the different car components that an auto detail touches
- How the Specialty Equipment Manufacturer's Association (SEMA) show in Vegas gives an idea of the growth trajectory of the industry
- Why you NEED a unique selling proposition (USP)
- What factors to pay attention to when determining pricing
- Best advice: There is no "best" route - listen to your passions and be persistent.
- Best resource: 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey & Cold Hard Truth on Family, Kids, and Money by Kevin O'Leary.